Published on April 18th, 2015 | by audioguy0
ASTRO Gaming A40 Audio System Review
For far too long, video gaming headsets have focused on one of two areas exclusively.
They either perfectly nail the microphone and communications side of these headsets while allowing audio clarity and sound quality to kind of slide by the wayside, or vice versa – they really ramp up audio fidelity and clarity but pair those amazing headphones with absolutely terrible microphones and communication technology.
Thankfully, the new ASTRO Gaming A40 audio system changes the game completely.
One of the first gaming headset solutions out there to really focus on maximizing both communication and microphone capabilities with audio quality and fidelity, the ASTRO Gaming A40 audio system leverages built-in mix amplifiers to provide stunning sound clarity unlike anything else you’ve experienced before.
On top of that, these mix amplifiers create true DOLBY DIGITAL 7.1 surround sound experiences, allowing you to not only pick up on all of the audio action that is happening while you are in-game but also gives you the opportunity to know exactly where those sounds are coming from.
This will help you get the drop on all of your digital enemies (or pick up your allies moving along side of you) better than you ever would have been able to before!
Combine that with a flexible and high fidelity microphone designed to provide crystal clear communication between team members (or perfectly audible taunts when you are in the “green room”) and you’re talking about a real winner here.
The fit of most gaming headsets leaves a lot to be desired, especially over longer periods of time. Most headsets just aren’t engineered to be as comfortable and as ergonomic as possible, but nothing could be further from the truth with this setup.
The ASTRO Gaming A40 audio system is going to fit your head like it was custom molded for you and you alone, thanks in large part to its infinitely adjustable set up and it’s amazingly comfortable ear cups.
Designwise, the ASTRO Gaming A40 audio system is going to have you feeling a little bit like a Special Forces operator – and that’s a good thing!
The look is clean, modern, and very slick, and the entire system is incredibly compact and straightforward. You aren’t going to look out of place while wearing this headset, even if you never leave the basement!
- Audio system provides ridiculously clear sound fidelity and perfectly crisp communication capabilities at the same time
- Built in Mix Amps provide DOLBY DIGITAL 7.1 surround as well as adjustable EQ modes to get just the right fidelity you’re looking for
- The entire audio system is compatible with all major gaming platforms (including PCs and next generation gaming consoles)
- A little bit bulky at first, it’s going to take a bit of getting used to for you to find that sweet spot as far as comfort is concerned
- Mix Amp controller is going to require a little bit of adjusting for pitch perfect clarity
- Command controller module is going to require you to set up your own profile before getting started
Video Gamers absolutely love the ASTRO Gaming A40 audio system for everything that it brings to the table, and with all of the major benefits that it provides it’s easy to see why.
There are a lot of other gaming headsets out there, but none of them (NONE of them) are as close to complete as this one.