Published on February 8th, 2015 | by audioguy4
Audio-Technica ATH-M50 Professional Studio Monitor Headphones Review
Audio-Technica ATH-M50 Professional Studio Monitor Headphones: Redefine your audio experience
Tired of your flat bus less audio experience? Well, it’s about time that you redefine your audio experience and Audio-Technica ATH-M50 Professional Studio Monitor Headphones is giving you the opportunity to do so.
Audio Technica finally achieved the much desired public appreciations thanks to the Audio-Technica ATH-M50 Professional Studio Monitor Headphones. This offers listening comfort for long periods of time as well as accurate response. This device has been specially designed for mixing and monitoring purposes on a professional level. Their design is based on a highly efficient collapsible model which was designed keeping in mind storage and space saving probability. It aims at enhancing an individual’s studio / audio experience with the help of its superior swiveling ear cups and sound isolation system. The swiveling ear cups further offer convenient monitoring for one ear. This device excels in the field of DJ monitoring, tracking and mixing several audio tracks and many more.
When it comes to the technical specifications, there is absolutely no one who can oppose a bit of competition. Though its price is a bit high but most individuals go for this due to its superior sound / audio quality.
- Response frequency: The ATH M50 has a response frequency ranging from 15 to 28,000 Hz.
- Driver Size: It has a driver size of 45 mm.
- Sensitivity: Well, this is what professionals look out for and the ATH M50 by far has the best public responses as far as sensitivity is concerned. It has a sensitivity of 98 dB
- Power Input: The ATH M50 has a maximum Power input of 1600 mW.
- Impedance: It has am impedance of 38 ohms
- Collapsible: This device is one of the most collapsible headphones around.
- Ear cup Swivel: Its ear cups offers swivels of up to 90 degrees on both directions.
- Cable: Attached to it is a 9.8’ straight cable. This when coiled becomes 3.9’ – 9.8’.
- Weight: This device has a weight of 10 oz.
Description and response
The ATH M50 is a combination of build quality and audio that till date remains unmatched, be it on the go or on the studio. Well, this isn’t what I am saying, this is what top cult followers, online reviewers and the best audio professionals are saying. If you don’t go by my word, you might as well go by theirs. This model is ideal for each and every listener. This device generally comes in black. What is most astonishing about this device is its sensitivity of 98 dB
As mentioned earlier, this device has received overwhelming public response. World famous DJ’s have stated that this headphone is perhaps the best of its class or rather among the best of its class. When it comes to ordinary individuals, I mean individuals who haven’tchosen music to be their profession, this device hasn’t failed to impress them as well. Alex right fully stated that,” Audio-Technica ATH-M50 Professional Studio Monitor Headphones is perhaps the best headphone I have laid my hands on! What really impressed me was its bus.”