Published on June 9th, 2015 | by audioguy4
Bose Soundlink Around-Ear Headphones Bluetooth Review
The Bose SoundLink Around Ear Bluetooth Headphones are lighter than comparable headphones and provide a comfortable fit. They provide an unadulterated, powerful audio performance and the included powerful battery ensures continuous music enjoyment by the user.
- Brand – Bose
- Product Type – Headband headphones, wireless headphones
- Product line – Bose SoundLink
- Wearing style – Around-ear
- Item Weight – 5.3 ounces
- Product Shipping Weight – 1 pound
- Product Dimensions – 1.6 x 5.9 x 7.5 inches
- Batteries Included – Yes
- Battery type – 1 Lithium Metal battery
- Battery Cell Type – Lithium Ion
- Average Battery Life – 7 hours
- Battery standby time – Up to 200 hours
- Size – Only Bluetooth 2.0
- Colour – Black
- Bluetooth – Yes
Besides the freedom of movement the headphones give the user, they also have very user-friendly controls which allow user to switch easily from listening to music to receiving phone calls on the mobile phone.
For making voice calls on connected mobile phones, the Bose Soundlink around-ear Bluetooth headphones comes with an in-built microphone which also serves the purpose of giving voice commands to voice-recognition apps, such as Google search or Siri, on compatible devices.
In fact, the controls positioned on the headphone’s ear cup allows users to control some functions of their iPad right from the headphones. It is even possible to be connected to two different devices at the same time with these headphones and switch between both devices without any difficulty whatsoever.
The Bose SoundLink around-ear headphones are equipped with a fast-charging battery that provides up to 7 hours of playing time. Charging the headphones is done with a USB cable which is included in the product package and there are LED indicators which indicate the battery life and power status of the headphones while it is being charged. Simply plug the included USB cable into a USB port or power outlet to begin charging.
With the long-lasting battery, users are now able to listen to music, enjoy movies and watch videos and still have enough power left for even more entertainment.
Among the many impressive features of these headphones is its incredibly balanced sound reproduction. The listener gets to wirelessly experience the full spectrum of sounds from the depths to the heights.
With an elastic head lining and comfortable padded ear cups, the Bose SoundLink around-ear headphones adjust to fit the shape of the head of the listener. For those moments when the user is on the move or travelling, these foldable and flexible headband headsets, take up very little space when folded and can be folded and stored away in a compact carrying case.
Whenever the battery of the headphones run out at any time, the user can still continue to enjoy uninterrupted music or video experience by simply connecting the additional cable that comes with the product package from the handset to the listening device.
The headphones are lightweight and are made from very durable materials. They are very user-friendly with a touch operation functionality that makes watching videos or having phone conversations very easy.
Just by pressing one of the buttons on the ear cup, the user can either play music, pause or fast forward and receive phone calls at the same time on a smartphone or tablet within a range of up to thirty feet.
- Very comfortable to wear
- Has impressive sound quality
- The headphones are compatible with all Bluetooth-enabled devices, the Bluetooth 2.1 (or higher)
- The headphones can connect with up to two Bluetooth-enabled devices at the same time using multipoint technology
- The headphones work with VoIP
- They are compatible with voice recognition apps
- Can still play audio even when the battery is empty and the headphones are switched off. Simply use the included audio cable
- It has a good battery life
- It does not have any noise cancellation feature
- The headphones have issues with noise leakage
- The product does not come with a hard carrying case
The Bose Soundlink around-ear Bluetooth headphones are excellently crafted headset headphones. Although the sound quality is not outstanding, especially with the high frequencies, it is not a deal breaker. Wearing comfort, ease of use, multiport technology connectivity and sound isolation are some of the features which make it stand out from the rest of the pack.
While there are several Bluetooth headsets available on the market, none of them stand out like the SoundLink around-ear headphones from Bose.