Published on September 27th, 2017 | by audioguy0
Bose SoundSport Free Wireless Headphones Review
Bose has built a reputation for being very good with getting great sound out of small speakers, and the SoundSport Free hopefully continues that tradition. They certainly tick all the other boxes I’ve been looking for in a good set of wireless earbuds: great battery life, supposedly good wireless performance, and more.
Notable Bose SoundSport Free Features
Bose says the SoundSport Free weighs barely 10g, but told The Verge that they’d work with devices up to 3 meters away. Considering most wireless earbuds struggle when you’ve got your phone tucked into your waistband or in a pocket while exercising, this is a revelation. Bose’s new Bluetooth antenna setup looks like it has the goods, at least on paper.
Six hours’ battery life from the headphones is Bose’s claim, making the SoundSport Free probably the most long-lived wireless ‘buds for their size class; the new Jabra Elite Sport claim 4.5 hours and Apple’s AirPods claim five too. As with most (or all) other wireless earbuds, there’s a magnetic charging and carry case that promises two full extra charges for the headphones for an additional 10 hours’ listening time.
With no wires in the way, Bose® SoundSport® wireless headphones keep you moving with powerful audio and StayHear®+ tips designed for comfort and stability. A soft silicone material and unique shape provide a secure fit that stays put and feels good. Connect to your device easily with Bluetooth® and NFC pairing, and use the inline mic and remote to control volume, skip tracks and take calls. With the Bose Connect app, controlling and switching between multiple devices is easy. SoundSport wireless are sweat and weather resistant and have a lithium-ion battery that delivers up to 6 hours per charge. With performance like this, the only challenge left is your workout. Available in Black or Aqua.
Bose SoundSport Free Specs / Technical Info
- Weight: .9 pounds
- Battery: required, included
- Audio Headset Features: Water resistant, On/Off Switch, wireless
- Maximum Operating Range: Up to 30′
- Connectivity: USB, Micro USB
- Wireless Technology: Bluetooth
- Cable/Cord Length: 5 feet L
- Ear Cushion Material: Silicone
- In-ear headphones are designed to fit snugly in your ear canal to help block out external noise so you can focus on powerful, bass-rich audio
- Bluetooth 4.2 and NFC pairing provides a flawless wireless device connection
- Lithium-ion battery delivers up to 6 hours of power songs from your workout playlist
- Volume-optimized EQ gives you balanced audio performance at any volume
- Sweat and weather resistance to suit an active lifestyle
- The Bose Connect app helps you manage multiple Bluetooth devices and offers a personalized experience
- An inline microphone and remote lets you easily control volume, skip tracks, and take calls without having to reach for your device
- StayHear+ tips are designed with a soft silicone material to fit your ear comfortably and securely, helping block out background noise and providing the best possible audio experience
We now live in a world where wireless accessories and gadgets run our lives. Because of that the risk of losing your device can happen more easily. Bose has solved that problem by equipping their wireless headphones with a tracking beacon that can be activated through the Bose Connect App. The app has a feature that allows you to track the last location and time when your headphones last connected to your phone. The app also allows you to switch between devices and manage all of your existing Bluetooth connections.
The NEW Bose SoundSport Free Wireless Headphones looks like a winner. When stacked up against the competition, Bose looks to dominate the wireless headphones market with another winner. Like their existing Bose Quiet Comfort 25 headphones, the SoundSport Free delivers amazing audio sound, performance, and unprecedented Bluetooth capabilities that will be attractive to audiophiles all over the world. Pre-order yours today!