Published on July 8th, 2015 | by audioguy0
KEF M500 Hi-Fi On-Ear Headphones Review
Light, robust and extremely comfortable, the Hi-Fi M500 headset is designed for quality audio enthusiasts. The M500 is beautiful to behold with its lavish design and high-class workmanship. The M500 is soft, delicate and robust. This aluminium alloy model weighs only 7.4 ounces.
They are a brand of closed-ear design headsets with a slim cable that has a remote control incorporated into it.
All of the unique technologies that combine that went into producing the KEF M500 Hi-Fi headphones combine to create a very natural sound experience with the intense clarity of sound delivered by this product.
The audio output is full and beautifully balanced. The 40mm neodymium transducer of these headphones delivers a high definition response in all frequencies ranging from 20 Hz to 20 kHz. Weighing less than a conventional copper coil, the coil of copper-clad aluminium enhances treble response and reproduces all musical nuances.
The transducer in the acoustic chamber is precisely positioned to optimize the clarity, dynamics and depth of bass. This product gives a solid performance with its rich audio lows, clean mids and highs Regardless of what genre of music being played, you are sure to enjoy the best of each musical note.
The KEF M500 Hi-Fi on-ear headphones are very much compatible with most smartphones, computers and other mobile devices. With an integrated microphone and a remote control on the anti-tangle cord, iPhone and other Apple products, you can control the functions or switch between telephone calls and music. It comes with two detachable cords
As an added measure of comfort and safety, this product has been designed to meet the standard CENELEC EN60065 / A12 for protection against excessive ear pressure.
- Product Manufacturer – KEF
- Item model number: M500
- Product Dimensions: 15 x 16 x 11 inches
- Product Weight – 7.4 ounces
- Product Shipping Weight – 1.9 pounds
- Housing material – Aluminium alloy
- Output Mode – Stereo
- Microphone Type – Built-in – on the wire
- Controls – Volume, answer / end
- Headphones Type – Supra-aural
- Connections – Jack
- Connectivity – 2.5 / 3.5mm
- Cable length – 1.3 meters
- Transducer – 40 mm
- Frequency response (Hz) – 20 – 20000 Hertz
- Sensitivity (dB) – 103 dB ± 4 dB (IEC-318 at 1 KHz)
- Impedance (Ohm) – 32 ohms ± 15%
- Max Input Level- 30mW
- Mitigation – (-20) dB
- Features – High fidelity sound, maximum comfort, minimum noise
- Strength – 32 ohm
- KEF M500 headphones are very comfortable to wear as they do not compress the head and unlike some other brands of similar specification
- Has a solid build-quality
- It is foldable and comes with a practical storage bag
- It provides proper insulation and excellent sound clarity
- Compatible with most smartphones and computers
- Has a tendency to shift or fall with after quick head movements
- Does not isolate the user from external noise very effectively, thus making it hard to use in noisier environments
- They are fairly expensive
- Some users may find the sound not to be detailed enough
The KEF M500 Hi-Fi On-Ear Headphones are an absolute winner for the on-ear headphone segment. They are easily one of the finest sounding on-ear headphones produced in recent memory. KEF’s M500 headphones deliver a rich, clean audio that is soft, natural and perfectly balanced. These headphones have a lot of cool features, least of all, the optimized bass performance and a comfy on-ear fit, which arguably justify the relatively high price.
If what you want in your headphone of choice is a comfortable and stylish headset with smooth, expressive dynamics, then this would be a very good buy for you.