Published on July 6th, 2015 | by audioguy1
Logitech G230 Stereo Gaming Headset Review
When it comes to video games, the video graphics are not the only component that matters. The sound is just as important as the images. Thanks to its high quality stereo sound, these gaming headphones take the user straight into the heart of the action from beginning to end. The G230 stereo gaming headset provides high quality stereo sound in a lightweight design.
Having been created primarily for gaming, this product has a great sound stage and it efficiently picks up every sound in the video game.
As such, this gaming headset provides high quality stereo sound for your favorite online games. Their 40 mm Neodymium transducers help in the delivery of a rich, clear sound.
The headset is colored in black and red with a folding microphone. In addition, the ear cups have red accents that are very visible and give the G230 a solid look.
The lightweight design of the Logitech G230 stereo gaming headset is so comfortable that one may even forget completely that they are being worn.
The Logitech G230 is a gaming oriented headband headset with a circum-aural closed design architecture.
The closed nature of the headset contribute towards its capacity to reduce unwanted background noise. You can very easily rotate the ear cups through a 90 degree angle when you are trying to discern the best possible fit for you. They can also be folded flat and kept away securely when they are not being used.
The Logitech G230 headphone has soft ear pads for maximum wearer comfort even after several hours of playing games with them. The breathable fabric reduces heat and humidity during such intense gaming sessions. The ear pads on this product are durable and can be removed for cleaning in order to keep the headset in the best hygienic condition possible.
The very considerable length of the cord gives you a lot of freedom to move. Situated on the cord is a control panel with a volume control and mute button for the noise-cancelling microphone. The in-line volume and mute controls are within easy reach on the 3 meter long cable of the Logitech G230 headphones.
The noise-cancelling microphone provides crystal clear sound as you talk and they can be folded up when not in use.
The size of the headset can be adjusted by means of a snap mechanism in the headband and ear cups can be rotated completely flat.
- Brand – Logitech
- Product Description – Logitech G230
- Purpose – PC / Gaming
- Model – 981-000540
- Headphones Type – Circum-aural
- Wearing style – Headband
- Colour – Black, Red
- Device connectivity – Wired
- Device interface – 3.5 mm (1/8 “)
- Ear coupling : Circumaural
- Product Dimensions – 9 x 4.3 x 9.8 inches
- Product Shipping Weight – 1.20 pounds
- Driver – 40 mm
- Frequency response (Hz) – 20 – 20000
- Impedance – 32Ohms
- Mic Pickup pattern – Cardioid
- Mic Type – Pressure Gradient Electret Condenser
- Mic Frequency response (hertz) – 50 to 20000
- Sensitivity – (-40dB)
- Good quality design and general high quality sound for a product of this price
- Features a noise-cancelling microphone
- Has a good microphone
- They are lightweight
- They are comfortable to wear for many hours on end
- They are very affordable
- They are durable headphones
- Stereo headphones
- Retractable microphone
- Washable ear pads
- The speaker performance could be better
- It does not come shipped with any adapters for extra connectivity options
- The cord of this product is non-replaceable
- The microphone is not sensitive enough in some situations and might require a mic booster
- They cannot be connected to a PS3 game station
The Logitech G230 Stereo Gaming Headset ticks all the right boxes. This is a high quality product with a good audio output. For a product of this price range, it has quite a lot of features which make buying these headphones an absolute no brainer. They are a steal at the current price of less than $50 (depending on where you shop).